My name is Taylor and I love reading, I’ve always loved reading. As soon as I learned to read I constantly had a book in my hand. I read all the time. Then I got to middle school and the road got a little rocky. You know how kids are, they can be cruel. I took a hiatus in high school save for assigned reading and by the time I got to college and could care less about the opinions of my peers I barely had enough time to sleep let alone read for pleasure. My senior year I was finally able to rediscover my love for reading and I have been making up for lost time ever since!
Now I embrace the weird and nerdy. I love getting other people into reading and I love fangirling with other readers about our favorite books and slamming or praising the movies based on our books. Books don’t care what you think about them. Like John Green wrote in An Abundance of Katherines “Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.” We could all learn a lesson from books.
A few random things about me:
- I typically gravitate toward YA, Dystopian, Fantasy, Science Fiction and Historical Fiction.
- I recently married my high school sweetheart. We have been together for 10 years. And I met him at a fireworks stand of all places.
- I am a photographer and a photo editor. But like a real one, with a degree and a career and everything.
- I am an Introvert and prefer fictional characters to real people. With the exception of Husband and family.
- I quote books, movies and TV shows a little to often in daily conversation.
- I speak sarcasm fluently.
- I have a cat named Chairman Meow, and yes I did name him after Magnus Bane’s cat in City of Bones!
I pretty much follow the Goodreads rating system.
★ =Why did I make myself read this?
★★ = It was ok
★★★ = I liked it
★★★★ = I really liked it
★★★★★ = It was AMAZING and I will be rereading it!